Tuesday, March 28, 2006

don't hate me because i'm lazy. hate me because i enjoy it.

okay friends. a new leaf has been turned and productivity was on the other side. hooray! i'm coming off of an absurdly unconstructive weekend. after getting home at 4am Saturday, i didn't leave my house until 3pm Sunday. i'll repeat that. i Didn't leave my House until 3PM on SUNDAY. and what, you might ask, finally pushed me out the door? was it the need for fresh air? to stretch my legs? to visit with friends? No no silly rabbit, i went to 7-11 to buy Tostito's and Chocolate milk. yes. and what a match they make. i did learn a very important lesson however, when given the choice between Nesquik and Hershey's, Nesquik is the correct answer. but i digress. and lest you think my quench for home was squelched. rest assured that i went back indoors and only left to go to a friends house to watch Soprano's. at 8:30. i'm disgusting.

and what did i do for 24 hours in my house?
Did i fold my laundry and put it away? No. But i did fold half of it and then decide walking across the room to my dresser was a bit of a hike so i put it all back in the hamper.
Did i clean the bathroom? No, but i did take a shower right before my Milk and Chips run. that's at least 18 hours into my personal house arrest for anyone who's keeping count.
Did i Clean the kitchen? No. But i did make a mean cheese dip with salsa and vegetarian chili.
Did i balance my check book? call my mom? did i catch up on emails? No. nope. not a chance. But i did surf the internet until my eyeballs bled, watched enough law & order SVU to make me sleep with the lights on, and slept so much i gave myself a headache. but for some reason, it made me psyched up to run full speed into the week.

Enter Productivity Leaf Stage Left:
i have decided to go to the gym each morning before work so that i can get my ridiculously Slothfull and Loser Ass In Shape. it's audition season kids and mama needs a new job.

Also on my list of to-do's is to actually do some more writing. not that i've been getting emails with unhappy icons somberly expressing their sadness at my very intermittant blogs, because, i most certainly have not. my four readers could really give a rats ass. regardless, this is good for me. i need to work on my consistency kids, and if i say i'ma gonna do it, by gum i Will! ahem.

I might even look into some summer type plans/jobs. it is creeping up on us however slowly we may think the warmth is coming, oh man, it is Right around the corner.

So there you have it. if you're still with me here at the end of this rant. this is Pro-Active Maxx. She's ready. She's willing. And she's able to follow through with more things than just waking up in the morning and shutting off her alarm. i even thought of what i want to do in grad-school if i go. (congrats Tiff!!)

And now i'm off to the shower (oh yes, the second in two days...is it a record? God i hope not.) And back to curly hair tomorrow too.

No comments: